Shrimp mac and cheese AND the perfect steak! What more could you want!
• Mac n Cheese
• 500g macaroni
• 1 1/2 pints of hot milk
• 50g plain flour
• 50g butter
• 300g mature Cheddar
• 200g Mozzarella
• 100g Gruyere
• 100g mild Cheddar
• 100g Parmesan cheese
• Vegetable stock
• 1 Finely chopped (white or eed) onion
• 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 100g Mozzarella
• 100g mature Cheddar
• 50g Gruyere
• 50g Parmesan
• King Prawns
• 10-12 peeled and deveined king prawns
• 1 tsp fresh dill
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• Suya Sirloin
• 2 Sirloin steaks
• 2 tbsp suya spice
• 1 tbsp groundnut oil
• Salt to taste
1. Coat beef with groundnut oil and cover with Suya spice and let marinade for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
2. Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
3. Place the macaroni in a pot and cover with boiling water. Boil for 6mins until half cooked. Drain the pasta and leave to one side.
4. Pour the milk into a saucepan, add stockpots and bring to a gentle boil. When boiled take off the heat.
5. While the milk boils, melt the butter in a pot then add flour, to make a roux. (Be careful not to overcook, add 20g more butter if roux is too thick).
6. Begin to gradually add the milk to the roux to make your white sauce.
7. Season sauce, add cheeses and let simmer, once cheese has melted gradually add pre-cooked macaroni, making sure all the macaroni is coated in the cheese sauce.
8. Place in dish and insert the king prawns tails up into the macaroni. Cover with the remaining cheeses.
9. Place in the oven 30-45mins or until golden brown. Remove the steak from the fridge to come to room temperature.
10. When mac n cheese is almost done heat griddle ready to grill your Suya sirloin. Once cooked slice and sprinkle with Suya and a side of the mac n cheese.