This is the dish you need in your life! Get ready to dunk your bread into that cheesy goodness.
• 160g plain flour
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
• 3⁄4 tsp instant yeast
• 1⁄4 tsp sugar
• For the filling:
• 250g grated mozzarella
• 150g crumbled feta
• 2 tbsp water
• 2 sucuk (garlic sausages)
• 2 egg yolks
• 2 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
• Chives, to garnish
• Black pepper, to garnish
1. Lightly oil a large bowl with olive oil and set aside. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the yeast, sugar, olive oil, and 150ml warm water, flour, and salt. Mix until a smooth, wet dough comes tog-
2. ether which should take about 3-4 minutes. Don’t worry if the dough feels a little wet.Transfer the dough to the oiled bowl and cover the bowl with cling film. Set in a warm place until the dough is almost doubled in size, 50-60 minutes.
3. To make the filling, combine the cheeses in a large bowl with the water and set aside.
4. Slice the sucuk into thin slices. Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and add a little olive oil. Place the sucuk slices into the frying pan and fry until golden
5. and crisp.
6. Preheat your oven to 220 C. On a lightly floured work surface, turn out the dough and divide into two and working one at a time, roll each half into a small rectangle. Move each rectangle onto a lined baking tray. Spread half of the cheese mixture over each rectangle, leaving a little border all the way around. Roll the sides of each rectangle into the centre, twisting at the ends where they meet to make a boat shape. Add the sucuk to each boat.
7. Brush the dough with melted butter and place in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes, until the cheese mixture has melted and is bubbling and the dough has turned
9. Take out of the oven and make a little well in the cheese mixture with a teaspoon. Place a yolk in each well and place dots of butter all over each pide. Place back in the oven for 4 - 5 minutes to cook the yolk.
10. Remove the pide from the oven and sprinkle with chopped chives and grinds of black pepper. Serve immediately.