Have you ever heard about the love story between basil and strawberry? Well you have now
• 100 grams caster sugar
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
• 450 grams unsalted butter
• Pinch of salt
• 60 grams icing sugar
• 2 egg yolks
• 600 grams plain flour
• 300 grams strawberries, roughly chopped
• 25 grams caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
1. Beat together caster sugar, butter, basil and salt until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat until combined.
3. Sift the flour and icing sugar into the bowl and mix into a dough.
4. Split the dough into quarters and roll into tubes with cling film. Chill for about an hour or until firm.
5. Remove clingfilm and slice into 1 centimeter discs.
6. Bake at 175 for about 12 minutes.
7. Leave to cool before filling.
8. Cook strawberries and sugar on a low simmer for about 5 minutes
9. Mix cornflour with a little water to form a paste.
10. Add to the pan
11. Boil, stirring constantly for about 5minutes until the liquid has reduced.
12. Leave to cool before filling the biscuits.
13. Fill a biscuit with a teaspoonful of strawberry jam and sandwich another biscuit on top.