Rustle up a taste of Korea for dinner tonight!
• 800 grams of chicken wings, about 8
• 2 tablespoons gochujang
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped or finely slices
• Thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 - 1 red chilli, depending on how spicy you want it
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• Sesame oil
• 2 soy sauce
• 1 rice vinegar
• 1 heaped honey
• 1 spring onions,
• 1 teaspoon sesame, white or black, toasted
1. Preheat your oven to 180. Place the wings into a large bowl. Add the gochugaru, garlic, ginger and chilli and marinade the wings so they are totally covered in the sauce. Place a large frying pan on a medium to high heat and all the vegetable oil. Add the chicken wings and cook on each side for around 3 minutes until browned and sticky all over. Place the wings onto a tray and place in the oven to stay hot and ensure the chicken is cooked through. Meanwhile deglaze the pan and make the sticky sauce by adding the soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey. Stir quickly and scrape any goodness from the bottom of the pan. The sauce should thicken and be sticky Add a little sesame oil to loosen and flavour if you wish. Plate up the wings, drizzle with the sauce and garnish with the spring onions and sesame seeds.