Spatchcock: sounds rude, but isn't. Find out what it is here
• 1 whole small chicken
• 2 red onions halved
• 1 tin coconut milk
• 200 milliliters organic thick yoghurt
• 2 tablespoons tomato puree
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 lemon juice
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2inch knob ginger
• 1 teaspoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon coriander
1. Blend the marinade ingredients and cover the chicken pushing the marinade under skin and all over the place. Try and marinade for a full day or overnight.
2. Heat a griddle pan and get it smoking hot, sear the chicken on both sides.
3. Transfer to a roasting dish and cook on a bed of onions, on 180 for 40/45 minutes until juiced run clear. Cover with foil until last 10/15 minutes.
4. Last 10 minutes remove foil pour over tin of coconut milk and put back in oven, let the skin brown and the sauce heat and cook down a bit.
5. Serve with cumin spiced rice or cauliflower rice, courgette spirals and a leaf/herb salad.