Dessert spaghetti. Thanks us later
• For Vanilla Ice Cream:
• 150g sugar
• 2 eggs
• 470ml double cream
• 235ml whole milk
• 2 tsp vanilla
• Pinch salt
• For Strawberry Coulis:
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 300g strawberries, chopped
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• White chocolate shavings to serve
1. Whisk the sugar and eggs together until pale and thick.
2. Heat the milk, cream, salt and vanilla together. Just before it comes to the boil pour a small amount over the egg mixture and whisk. Slowly pour in the remaining cream mixture and whisk. Pour this back into the pan and cook over a medium low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Allow to cool in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.
3. Pour the ice cream into an ice cream machine and churn according to the machine’s instructions.
4. Once churned, place the ice cream back into the freezer for a few hours to firm up.
5. To make the coulis, add the sugar and water to a pan to dissolve. Add the chopped strawberries and vanilla, and cook for 4-5 mins until soft. Use the back of a spoon to break up the strawberries as they cook.
6. 30 mins before you are ready to serve, place the potato ricer into the freezer along with your serving plate. On your serving plate, you can add a mound of whipped cream to help the tower of spaghetti ice cream.
7. When you are ready to serve, take everything out of the freezer. Scoop your ice cream into the potato ricer and squeeze out long strands of ice cream onto your frozen plate. Top with the cooled coulis and shavings of white chocolate and serve.