These spaghetti and meatball nests are the perfect carb-filled treats!
• 300 grams spaghetti
• 1 large red onion
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• Small bunch of basil
• 400 grams tinned plum tomatoes
• Salt and pepper
• For the balls
• 500 grams pork mince
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 400 grams mince beef
• 150 grams breadcrumbs
• Small bunch parsley
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 lemon, zested
• 200 grams grated mozzarella
• Parmesan and basil to serve
1. Start by making up the meatballs. Place all the meatball ingredients, but only a handful of the mozzarella, into a large mixing bowl. Squeeze everything together so it is all well mixed. This is best to do with the hands. Once this is done, start rolling into balls. They are gonna be fairly small balls, a bit smaller than a ping pong ball.
2. Place on a tray and put in the fridge when done.
3. Now start making the sauce. Finely chop the onions and garlic and the stalks of the basil. Add this in a large pan with a little olive oil on a medium heat. Cook until soft,
4. About 8 minutes and then add in the tinned tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat, until thickened and the tomatoes have begun to break down. At this
5. Stage add in the meatballs sprinkle over basil and bring to the boil, then place a lid on and turn down the heat.
6. Let this simmer for around 15 minutes whilst you cook the spaghetti. When the spaghetti is cooked, toss
7. Through the sauce and meatballs. Leave to cool slightly. Preheat the oven to 180C, and evenly place the coated spaghetti into greased muffin tins. Top with 2-3 meatballs and any extra sauce and the rest of the grated cheese. Push the cheesein so it goes all throughout the pasta.
8. Bake in the hot oven for about 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and oozy. Leave to cool slightly before taking from the tin. Sprinkle with Parmesan and