No one seems to know where this name comes from, but that's not important. These are outrageously good!
• 250 grams plain flour
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 150 grams butter, softened
• 225 grams caster sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• For the coating:
• 2 teaspoons caster sugar
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• Makes 30 cookies
1. STEP 1
2. In a large bowl, beat together the soft butter with the sugar using a wooden spoon.
3. Beat the mixture until they are well combined, but there is no need for it to be light
4. And fluffy.
5. STEP 2
6. Add the vanilla extract and egg to the butter mixture and beat again until all the
7. Ingredients are smooth.
8. STEP 3
9. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and pour them into the
10. Wet mixture and fold using a spatula until a stiff dough forms.
11. STEP 4
12. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease
13. And line 2 large baking trays with baking paper or a silicon baking sheet.
14. STEP 5
15. Mix together the cinnamon and caster sugar. Use a teaspoon to roll balls of dough,
16. Then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Arrange on a baking tray.
17. STEP 6
18. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the mixture has spread out and browned
19. Around the edges. Remove from the oven - they should look undercooked in the
20. Middle - and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.