You won't believe the flavour in these smokey chicken wraps!
• 400 grams Plain flour
• 1 teaspoon dried yeast
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 300 milliliters warm water
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Good pinch fine sea salt
• 500 grams chicken, breast or thigh meat
• Olive oil
• 1 red onion
• 1-2 beef tomatoes
• 6 tablespoons greek yoghurt
• Small bunch of mint
• 3 inch piece of cucumber
1. Start by making the dough. Mix together the flour and salt, and mix the yeast in half a cup of warm water with the honey. Mix for a few minutes in a freestanding mixer with a dough hook attached, if you have one. Then cover the bowl and place in a warm spot for 20-30 minutes so the dough doubles in size.
2. While this is proving, cut the chicken into good size chunks and drizzle with oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season. Set this aside in the fridge to tenderise slightly.
3. Pick the mint leaves and finely chop. Peel the cucumber and scrape out the middle, and chop this too. Mix with the yoghurt and a squeeze of lemon and season.
4. When it's time to cook the chicken you can either cook it the normal way, or you can quick smoke it at home, here's how. Get a large casserole dish and place a layer of tin foil at the bottom. Put two handfuls of wood chips on top of this, and then cover again with tin foil. Place a steamer on top of this that's suitable for this and then
5. Place the pot on a high heat for 5 minutes or so.Cut the chicken into chunks and place on the steamer.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes until cooked through and tender.
7. To cook the wrap, roll out the proved dough and cut into 4 equal corners. Re-roll these to create thin circular wraps.
8. Heat a non-stick skillet and cook each wrap until lightly brown on both sides.
9. Assemble your wrap, first with the yoghurt mix, then the salad, followed by the smoked chicken.