This cheesy chorizo dip and doughballs is the perfect party dish to share!
• 500g strong white flour
• 2 tsp salt
• 7g fast action yeast
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 300ml water
• For the dip:
• 150g chorizo
• 150g sweet cherry peppers
• 150g cream cheese
• 100ml sour cream
• 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 75g grated parmesan
• 150g grated cooking mozzarella
• 100ml olive oil
1. Mix together the flour and salt then mix in the yeast, add the olive oil, then enough water to bring it together into a soft dough.
2. Knead by hand until smooth and silky, or in a stand mixer for 10 minutes.
3. Put the dough in a clean bowl, cover with cling film, and let it rise for 1.5 hours or until it’s doubled in size. Meanwhile make the filling.
4. Dice the chorizo and sauté until brown, then drain on kitchen paper.
5. Finely slice the peppers.
6. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, chilli, and salt.
7. Add the chorizo and peppers and mix to combine.
8. Add in the grated cheeses - keeping back a third of each to sprinkle on top.
9. When the dough is ready, knock it back and roll out one third into a circle big enough to cover the bottom of your skillet.
10. Divide and shape the rest into golf sized balls.
11. Position the balls around the edge of the skillet, so they’re just touching.
12. Cover, and leave to rise again for 30 minutes until they’ve risen by at least half.
13. Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
14. Liberally brush the dough with olive oil.
15. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the dip and bake for 20 minutes until the dough is brown and risen.
16. Brush the dough with more olive oil immediately after baking.
17. Serve hot, directly from the skillet (carefully though, as it will be very hot!)