How to make Simple Multigrain Pancakes
• 50 grams oats
• 70 grams buckwheat flour
• 30 grams plain flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 250 milliliters (for pancakes) or 310 milliliters (for waffles) oat milk or almond milk
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1. Place the oats into a blender or food processor and blitz into a rough flour. Add the buckwheat flour, plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, flaxseed and sugar. Blend again to combine.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until just combined.
3. For pancakes: pour ~3 tablespoons worth of batter per pancake into a non-stick frying pan lightly greased with olive oil - I usually fit 3 pancakes into a frying pan. Cook over a medium-low heat until the underside is golden then flip and cook until the other side is golden.
4. For waffles: Pour about 60 milliliters (1/4 cup) of batter into a greased waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp (in my waffle iron this is about 6 minutes).
5. Serve with maple syrup if you fancy.