Avocados are great. Shrimp stuffed avocados are even better! This makes a perfect appetizer for warm dinner nights with friends and family.
• 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• Olive oil
• 11/2 tablespoon mayo
• 11/2 tablespoon greek yogurt
• 1 limes
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 2-3 tablespoons minced red and yellow bell peppers
• 2 tablespoons minced red onion
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
• Salt & pepper
• Splash red wine vinegar
• Handful of cilantro
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
• 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped whole from skin
1. Season shrimp with spices, and brown in a pan with olive oil, until they begin slightly brown and turn opaque. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the mayo sauce by combining mayo, yogurt, juice of half a lime, orange juice, bell peppers, red onion, and a dash of chili pepper, salt and pepper.
3. For the cilantro lime sauce, combine cilantro, garlic, juice of one lime, splash of red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt in a processor or blender.
4. When shrimp is cool, roughly chop and mix into creamy sauce. 5. Fill avocados and serve on tostadas or lettuce. Drizzle cilantro lime sauce on top.