Go easy on the carbs with shaved asparagus pasta.
• 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
• 2 shallots, minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• Pinch of fresh thyme
• 11/2 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
• 1 pound fettuccine
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (for serving)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• Salt & pepper
1. Shave asparagus stalks into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
2. Boil pasta in salted water. Cook according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile in a pan, sauté shallots and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Season with pinch of thyme, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour a ladle of pasta water to pan and add mascarpone. Stir until dissolved. Toss in asparagus ribbons just a few minutes before pasta is al dente.
5. Drain pasta and toss in the sauce.
6. Serve with a squeeze of lemon for freshness and sprinkle freshly grated parmesan.