It just wouldn't be Easter if we weren't putting creme eggs in everything...
• 175 grams softened unsalted butter
• 175 grams caster sugar
• 4 medium eggs
• 120 grams self-raising flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 60 grams cocoa powder
• 120 grams softened unsalted butter
• 120 grams icing sugar
• 6 Crème Eggs
• 100 grams caramelised biscuits, blitzed to breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 160c and grease and line a 20 centimeters cake tin.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar then add the eggs, self-raising flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
3. Pour the mixture into the cake tin, spreading evenly and bake for around 25 minutes, until the cake is firm. Allow cooling.
4. Remove from the tin and crumble in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Add 75 grams softened butter and 120 grams icing sugar and mix until a firm dough is formed.
6. Next, take handfuls of the dough and encase each Crème Egg. Roll in the caramelised biscuit crumb and pop into a fridge to chill.