Surprise your tastebuds with this unlikely twist of a British classic
• 250 grams plain flour
• 50 grams ground almonds
• 100 grams soft butter
• 35 milliliters water
• 1 whole egg
• 5 grams salt
• 6 plum tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 50 grams sugar
• 1 pcs cardamom
1. Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl, add 1 whole egg and mix until a dough consistency, if required add water
2. Place in cling film and chill in fridge for half an hour. Once firm roll out to 1/2 centimeters thickness and cut shapes 4 with hearts in middle
3. Bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes until light golden
4. For the Tomato Jam
5. Heat oil in a saucepan and add cardamom seeds and fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt.
7. Deglaze with red wine vinegar and cook uncovered for 1-2 hours stirring frequently, until all liquid has evaporated
8. Add half a spoon to the biscuit bases (the ones without hearts) and place the biscuit tops (the ones with the hearts) on top. Press down.