Jack's recreating a high street classic. Do you remember this sausage roll?
• 800 grams pork sausage meat (you may not need all of this)
• 1 handful dried apricots, chopped
• 1 handful dried cranberries
• 1 handful green pistachios
• 1 handful panko breadcrumbs
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
• 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
• 1 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon dried chilli flakes
• 1 orange, zested
• 1 lemon, zested
• 1 handful parsley, chopped
• 1 handful coriander, chopped
• 1x ready rolled all butter sheet puff pastry
• 2 x eggs, beaten
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1/2 lime juice and zest
• Coriander, chopped
1. Combine all of the filling ingredients together and season well with salt and pepper.
2. Place the filling across some flattened cling film and roll it over using the film to form a cylindrical shape.
3. Place the mix on top of your pastry. Egg wash the exposed sides and roll up, pushing the edges down and trimming off any excess pastry. Crimp the edges with a fork, brush with egg wash and top with sea salt and a few extra fennel seeds.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 190°C or until the pastry is golden and the meat is piping throughout.
5. To make the mayo, simply combine all the ingredients and serve.