If you have a sweet tooth THIS is the recipe for you!
• Vegetable oil
• 3 cups castor sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
• 4 envelopes unflavoured gelatine
• 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Salted Caramel
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 4 tbsp water
• 1/3 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 3 cups whole milk
1. To make the caramel, add sugar and water to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, over a medium heat. Do not stir with a spool, swirl the pan instead. Bring to a boil and allow sugar and water to brown.
2. Once sugar has browned to a medium amber colour, remove from heat and immediately stir in heavy cream and butter. Mixture will boil and foam. Stir well. Add salt and stir well to incorporate.
3. In a medium saucepan, warm the milk.
4. To assemble, place some of the marshmallows on a tray. With a blow torch, toast the top of each.
5. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of warm caramel to each glass. Stir in warm milk. Top with toasted marshmallows and drizzle with more caramel.