Salmon Yakitori, packed full of amazing flavour, a light and delicious supper.
• 2 skinless salmon fillets, cut into cubes
• 4 spring onions, 2 cut into 2cm sections and 2 sliced
• 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp mirin
• 1 tbsp sesame oil plus more for frying
• 2 tsp ginger peeled and grated
• 1 red chilli, sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 75g podded edamame
• 1 pak choi, shredded
• 1 packet cooked brown rice
1. Thread the salmon pieces and spring onions onto skewers. Mix the vinegar, soy, mirin and sesame oil together and brush half over the salmon. Leave to marinate.
2. Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the ginger, chilli and garlic for a minute. Add the edamame, sliced spring onions and pak choy. Fry for a minute then add the rice and stir-fry until heated through. Season with a big glug of soy sauce.
3. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to high and griddle the salmon skewers for 2 minutes on each side, brushing with the remaining marinade throughout cooking. Serve with the fried brown rice.