Cauliflowers make the prettiest darn tacos you ever did see.
• 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 lime, zested and juiced
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Corn tortillas
• 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
• 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
• Chopped cilantro to taste
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Lime wedges to serve
• For the crema: 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the cauliflower florets with olive oil, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper, lime zest and its juice. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and roast for about 30 minutes. Toss occasionally, until tender and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, add chipotle chilies and Mexican crema in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. To assemble, heat tortillas by charring them slightly over a stove burner, add a layer of sliced avocado, the roasted cauliflower, chipotle crema, sliced jalapeño, and cilantro.