Creamy eggplant is taken to the next level with honey and spices. Delicious!
• 1 large aubergine
• 1 tablespoon dhukka (a Moroccan spice mix)
• 6 tablespoons greek yoghurt
• Zest and juice of half a lemon
• Handful of mint
• Pomegranate kernels
• 150 grams pine nuts
• 100 grams flaked almonds
• 75 grams parmesan cheese
• 100 milliliters olive oil
1. Firstly, cut the aubergine into 6 wedges lengthways and rub with salt, pepper, olive oil and the dhukka and roast in an oven at 160degrees C for 40 minutes until tender
2. Meanwhile, make the lemon and mint dressing by mixing the yoghurt with a handful of chopped mint and the zest and juice of one lemon.
3. For the pesto, place the pine nuts, almonds, parmesan into a food processor and blitz to a paste. Gradually incorporate the olive oil until you have a pesto consistency.
4. After about 40 minutes and when the aubergine is tender, drizzle in honey and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Assemble the plate with the dressing on the bottom, aubergine on top with the pesto and pomegranate seeds.