Our Ritz Cracker Pie gives you that perfect balance between salty and sweet in this awesome caramel pie!
• 250g Ritz crackers
• 75g melted butter
• 75g demerara sugar
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 150g butter
• 150g double cream
• 150g soft brown sugar
• 150g demerara sugar
• 2 tbsp of skimmed milk powder
• Generous pinch of salt
• 3 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C fan and grease and line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin.
2. Make the base first by placing half the Ritz crackers in a food processor. Blitz until fine. Add the melted butter, sugar and coconut and blitz again.
3. Press in to the base of the lined cake tin and set aside to cool.
4. Combine the butter, cream, sugars and milk powder in a large saucepan and bring to a oil, stirring regularly.
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the salt and gently beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour through a strainer or sieve and set aside.
6. Arrange the rest of the Ritz crackers in the cake tin to form circles (see attached photo). Pour the caramel custard over the top and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 45 minute until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting so the caramel will set.