This classic dessert will make you want to go back to school
• 750 milliliters vanilla ice cream, softened
• 4 eggs
• 110 grams caster sugar
• 110 grams self raising flour
• Strawberry jam
• Icing sugar
1. Smush the vanilla ice cream out onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof. Chill for a bit and then roll up to create the core. Freeze for 3 hours until solid.
2. Line a swiss roll tin with parchment. Whisk the eggs and sugar for 5-7 minutes until very thick and fluffy. Fold the flour through.
3. Bake in the tin for 10 minutes.
4. Turn out onto a larger piece of parchment sprinkled with sugar. Add another one on top and then roll up and leave to cool.
5. When cool, spread the cake with jam. Add the ice cream core to one end of the cake and roll up. Serve in slices.