Yes, it is totally socially acceptable to have 60 of these cakes in one go
• 50 grams Unsalted Butter
• 150 grams caster Sugar
• 10 grams Cocoa powder
• 1 Large Egg
• Red gel food colour
• 150 grams Plain flour
• 125 milliliters Buttermilk
• 1 1/2 teaspoon White wine vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
• Pinch of salt
• Cream cheese icing:
• 100 grams Cream cheese
• 50 grams White chocolate, melted
• 20 grams Unsalted butter
• 20 grams Icing sugar
1. Add butter, caster sugar, cocoa powder and the egg into a bowl and beat until combined.
2. Add a small amount of red gel colour and stir until evenly incorporated. It may not look red just yet but it will once you've added in the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add in the buttermilk.
4. Pour the bicarbonate of soda into the white wine vinegar, let it fizz before adding it to the batter.
5. Finally sift over the plain flour and salt and beat until all combined and smooth.
6. Spoon the mixture into espresso cups filling half way up. You may want to line the cups with baking paper to stop the sponge from sticking.
7. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes on half power and then 20 second intervals until the sponge is springy. Leave to cool.
8. For the icing beat together the cream cheese, melted chocolate, butter and icing sugar until smooth.
9. Once the cakes have cooled. Carefully remove them from the cups by running a knife around the edge.
10. Spoon icing on top and decorate with some excess crumbs from the sponge.
11. Best eaten straight away, enjoy :D