Epic cookies with a delicious surprise centre!
• 70 grams self raising flour
• 70 grams jumbo rolled oats
• 70 grams unsalted butter
• 70 grams golden caster sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon golden syrup
• 2 teaspoons red food dye
• 30 grams white fondant
1. Sieve the flour into a large bowl and add in the oats and sugar. Mix together.
2. Cream together butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan with the golden syrup, making sure it's just melted and combined.
3. Fold the melted butter mix into the dried ingredients and give it a good stir. Add in the vanilla and stir this through.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Soften the fondant in your hands and flatten slightly. Add a bit of food dye to the fondant and fold through. Keep adding a bit at a time until you have the colour you want. Alternatively, you can use coloured fondant.
6. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Break off a small ball of the red fondant and push into the cookies so it's totally covered. Place on lined baking trays, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown on the outside but still a bit squidgy.
8. Leave to cool slightly if you can wait!