What's your fortune? Snap our rainbow fortune cookies to find out!
• 2 large egg whites
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp almond extract
• 3 tbsp sunflower oil
• 100g plain flour
• 2 tsp cornflour
• Pinch of salt
• 100g caster sugar
• 3 tsp water
• Gel food colouring in pink, purple, blue, green and yellow
1. Print and cut out your fortunes. Preheat your oven to 160C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the egg whites, vanilla extract, almond extract, and vegetable oil until frothy. Add the flour, cornflour, salt and sugar and water and beat until you have a thin batter.
3. Put a tablespoon of batter into 7 different small bowls, leaving the remainder behind. Dye each small bowl a different colour of the rainbow, then put into 7 individual small piping bags.
4. Put a tablespoon of batter into 7 different small bowls, leaving the remainder behind. Dye each small bowl a different colour of the rainbow, then put into 7 individual small piping bags.
5. Take the piping bags and pipe lines and patterns over top of the batter.
6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookie turn golden brown. Take out of the oven and remove immediately from the baking sheet with a palette knife or spatula.
7. Working quickly, place a fortune inside the cookie and fold the cookie over in half, sealing the edges. With the folded edge down, gently press down the cookie over the lip of a small bowl to form an indentation. Place the cookie in the hole of a muffin tray until completely dry and cooled.