These Jam Tarts are fit for royalty!
• 200 grams Plain flour
• 50 grams Caster sugar
• 150 grams Unsalted butter, cold and cubed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 4 tablespoons Strawberry jam
• 4 tablespoons Apricot jam
• 4 tablespoons Blackcurrant jam
1. Start by making the pastry. Place the flour and sugar together in a bowl. Rub through the butter so the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add in the beaten egg and work into the crumbs so it starts to come together.
2. Bring all the mix into a dough. Flatten slight and cling. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
3. Using individual tart tins cut out suitable size circles. They need to be a couple of centimeter bigger than the case so there is enough pastry to cover the sides. Fit each one into the cases and cutting off the excess pastry.
4. Using a small heart-shaped cutter, roll the extra pastry out to 1/2 centimeters thickness and cut out 12 hearts.
5. Prick each one with a fork and then place back in the fridge to rest for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 180°C and fill the tart cases with a tablespoon of the jam and place the hearts on top. Place in the oven for around 18-22 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp. Serve.