The perfect Sunday brunch and Bulk Up recipe!
• 120g frozen peas, thawed
• 2 eggs
• 275g cottage cheese
• 45g plain flour
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• Black pepper
• Oil, for frying
• 2 eggs, for poaching
• 1 tsp white wine vinegar
• Smoked salmon
• Fresh peas in their pod
1. Roughly mash the peas with a fork. In a food processor, blend the eggs, cottage cheese and flour until smooth then pour into the bowl with the peas. Add half of the chopped spring onions and season with salt and black pepper.
2. To cook, place some oil in a frying pan, over a medium heat, and spoon mounds of the batter all over the pan. Cook gently until you can see bubbles forming on the surface of the fritters - about 3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side, until cooked through.
3. Keep the fritters warm in a low oven whilst you poach the eggs.
4. To poach the eggs, place some water in a saucepan and heat until gently simmering, add 1 tsp white wine vinegar and stir. Break the egg from it’s shell and add the egg to the water, cooking for 3 minutes for a runny yolk. Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and repeat until you have all the eggs you need.
5. To serve, top a stack of fritters with some smoked salmon, followed by a poached egg. Sprinkle over the remaining spring onions and pour some fresh peas around the plate. Finally grind some black pepper on top of everything.