Proper baked beans on toast for a perfect breakfast
• 1 large Onions
• 2 Garlic clove
• 1 tablespoon Paprika
• 1 tablespoon mustard powder
• 600 grams drain mixed beans, such as cannellini, borlotti, butter
• 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
• 500 milliliters Passata
• 2 large Tomatoes
• 2-3 sprigs rosemary
• 2 tablespoon soft brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons tomato puree
• Sourdough to serve
1. Chop the onions, garlic and tomatoes.
2. In a large saucepan heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Add to this your onions and garlic and tomatoes.
3. Let this cook down slightly, then add in the paprika, mustard powder, salt and pepper to coat the veg.
4. After a minute or two, add in your beans. Give them a good stir and add the remaining ingredients. Let this cook after for 20 minutes or until thick and sticky. Meanwhile toast off your sourdough ready for the beans.
5. Discard the rosemary stalks and dish up. delish.