Check out these turkey meatballs for a super low cost supper!
• 350g turkey mince
• 1 large banana shallot
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 550g large Maris Piper potatoes
• 300ml chicken stock
• 3 tbsp creme fraiche
• 30g butter
• Small bunch of parsley, leaves chopped
1. Finely chop the shallots and mix with the garlic and the mince. Season and then roll into small ping pong sized balls. Place in the fridge.
2. Peel and half the potatoes and boil in salted water for around 15 minutes, until completely cooked through and tender.
3. Brown the meatballs in a large frying pan on a medium/high heat in a little oil. Be sure to turn so they are brown all over. Turn the heat down and add the stock to the pan, deglazing it to get all the flavours.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the balls are cooked through, then add in 2 tbsp of the creme fraiche, a pinch of salt and pepper and half the parsley.
5. Mash the potatoes with the butter and the remaining creme fraiche and season. Serve the meatballs with the sauce, creamy mash and garnish with the remaining parsley.