Who doesn't love a fish finger sandwich?
• Fish Fingers
• 250 grams cod fillets, skinned
• 50 grams plain flour
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 2 large handfuls panko breadcrumbs
• 1 tablespoon chopped cornichons
• 1 tablespoon chopped capers
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons crème friache
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7, then lightly oil a baking tray.
2. Cut the fish into finger-width strips. Place flour and panko onto separate plates.
3. Coat the fish goujons with the seasoned flour, dipping them in the eggs, then coating with the breadcrumbs.
4. Place them on the oiled tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
5. Meanwhile make your tartare sauce by mixing all of the ingredients together.
6. Place goujons in a brioche bun with finely shredded lettuce and drizzle over the sauce.