Why put the mushrooms on the pizza when they can BE the pizza?!
• 3 Portobello mushrooms
• 3 vine tomatoes, sliced
• Pesto sauce:
• 1 garlic clove
• 30 grams pine nuts
• 30 grams fresh basil leaves
• 50 grams Parmesan, grated
• 90 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
• Salt & pepper
1. Add pine nuts to a dry pan over a medium/low heat. Cook the nuts until golden brown, stirring frequently. Once golden transfer to a bowl.
2. For the pesto blend together the crushed garlic, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and parmesan in a food processor.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add almost all of the oil. Blend until well incorporated. Add more oil for desired consistency.
4. Create a ring for the mushroom to sit on by scrunching tin foil into a circle.
5. Place a mushroom on top of each foil ring and top with passata, mozzarella and sliced tomatoes.
6. Place in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked.
7. Garnish with fresh pesto and enjoy