Portobello mushrooms make these meatless fajitas meaty.
• 3 large portobello mushrooms, cut into strips
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Olive oil
• For serving:
• Small flour tortillas
• Mexican crema to serve
• Crumbled queso fresco to serve
• Lime wedges to serve
• Hot sauce
• Cilantro to garnish
1. Season portobellos with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Cook mushrooms in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Season sliced peppers and onion with salt and pepper. Add to the same pan and cook until softened and slightly charred.
4. Serve with warm flour tortillas, crema, queso fresco, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce.