Create your own fast food-style popcorn chicken in your home kitchen! (No actual popcorn required...)
• 500 grams boneless chicken thighs, cut in to bite size pieces
• 150 milliliters Buttermilk
• 1.5 Cups of Gluten Free Flour
• 1 tablespoon table salt
• 2 tablespoons garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons cayenne
• Oil for deep frying
• 1 cup of mayonnaise
• 1 green chilli chopped
• 1/2 Lime
• Pinch of salt
1. Mix together the cut up chicken and buttermilk. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge, preferably overnight but for at least 1 hour.
2. In a bowl mix together the GF Flour, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder
3. Take the buttermilk chicken and toss into the flour mixture and then leave in a separate bowl. Don't leave the chicken in the flour, as it needs to create a batter.
4. Heat your fryer to 180 degrees.
5. Deep fry your chicken in batches till golden and cooked through - 4-5 minutes.
6. To make the mayo, combine the mayo, chopped chilli, juice of half a lime and the pinch of salt.
7. Serve the chicken with the mayo as a dip.