This delicious filling combo will get you popping for joy
• 1x ready rolled pack sweet shortcrust pastry
• Egg wash
• Strawberry Jam:
• 250 grams strawberries, hulled and halved
• 250 grams caster sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• Marshmallow Fluff
• 100 grams icing sugar, sifted
• 10-20 milliliters milk
• Gel food colour (optional)
• Sprinkles, to decorate
1. For the jam place the strawberries into a pan and lightly mash. Add sugar and lemon juice and heat until sugar has dissolved then bring to the boil.
2. Boil for 5-6 minutes until the mixture looks tacky and has thickened. If using a thermometer it needs to reach 'jam'. Leave to cool.
3. Roll out pastry and cut into two strips lengthways. Cut strips into rectangles.
4. Spread Marshmallow Fluff onto each rectangle making sure to leave a border around the edge.
5. Top with jam and place another pastry rectangle on top. Press fork around the edges of the pastry to seal. Prick top with fork.
6. Place into a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 15- 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
7. For the icing, mix together icing sugar and milk until desired consistency. Drizzle over pastry and decorate with sprinkles.
8. Enjoy :D