These are not your average banana chips
• 1 plantains, peeled and finely sliced
• 100 milliliters vegetable oil, for light frying
• 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 3 mild hot peppers, seeded and deveined, diced or sliced
• Juice from 2 limes
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
• Salt to taste
1. Place a large saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and heat. Carefully fry the plaintain chips in batches until caramelized and golden, about 3 minutes per side.
2. Draining them on kitchen towel while you prepare the rest.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, red onion, chili peppers, and lime juice, stirring to combine. Add the olive oil and chopped cilantro, season to taste.
4. Serve the plantain chips topped with the salsa and extra coriander to garnish.