The Pizza Pot Pie Is the cheese filled bowl of meatballs you never knew you needed. Pizza or bowl? You decide!
• 500g strong bread flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 sachet fast-action dried yeast (7g)
• 1 tsp sugar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 300ml lukewarm water
• 125g minced pork
• 75g n’duja
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp fennel seed
• 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 400g cooking mozzarella
• 200g provolone slices
• 200g grated cheddar
• Large jar pizza sauce
1. Put the flour in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Add the yeast on one side of the bowl, and salt on the other.
3. Sprinkle over the sugar and mix through.
4. Pour in the water and stir to combine, then switch on the dough hook and mix for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the dough into a clean bowl, cover, and let it rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 220C.
7. In a clean mixing bowl, combine the pork mince, n’duja, garlic paste, fennel seeds, dried chilli and salt.
8. Mix into a paste then shape into 3cm balls.
9. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and tip in the meatballs - cook for 5 minutes until browned and almost cooked through, then remove from the heat to cool.
10. Knock the dough back and divide into four.
11. Roll it out into a circle 6-8 cm bigger than your pie dish/ramekin. It should be about 1cm thick.
12. Grease your pie dishes then line the bottoms with thick slices of cooking mozzarella.
13. Add in sliced provolone and grated cheddar, then divide the meatballs among the pie dishes.
14. Fill the dishes up to 3/4 full with tomato sauce then add a final layer of provolone.
15. Cook the pizza pies for 20 minutes until the dough has browned and risen slightly.
16. Put a plate on top of the pizza pie and tip it over to invert the pie on the plate.
17. Prise the dough away from the pie dish and remove the dish.
18. Top with garlic chives if you like, then serve.