This cake is so good, it'll make you wish it was your birthday!
• 225 grams unsalted butter
• 225 grams caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 225 grams self-raising flour
• 90 grams pistachios
• 2 tablespoons rose syrup
• Pink food colour (optional)
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Punnet of raspberries
• Double cream, 600 milliliters
• Dry white wine
• Lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons caster sugar
• Rose petals, to decorate
1. Whip butter and sugar together until really fluffy. Slowly add the eggs one at a time.
2. Add the lemon zest, juice, rose syrup and colouring if using. Fold through the flour and then the chopped pistachios.
3. Bake for 25 minutes at 180.
4. Dissolve the caster sugar and lemon zest into the wine and lemon juice. Add the cream and whip to soft peaks.
5. Squidge the raspberries a little bit and add to half of the cream. Use this to sandwich the cakes together when they're cool.
6. Spread the rest of the cream over the top of the cake. Decorate the top with the rose petals and raspberries.