Coleslaw gets an unexpected Caribbean twist
• Serves 4 - 6
• 1/2 large red cabbage, roughly shredded, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
• 1/2 small white onion, finely shredded
• 1 large carrot, quartered and then roughly shredded
• 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced lengthways
• 150 grams pineapple in small chunks
• 3 - 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
• A pinch of cayenne pepper
• A pinch of paprika
• A pinch of dried oregano
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Handful of peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, onion and carrot with the chilli and pineapple.
2. To the mayonnaise, add the cayenne, paprika, oregano, season with sea salt and pepper and mix through the slaw ingredients to combine. Sprinkle over the peanuts and coriander and serve.