A sweet tropical infusion into this stir fry classic.
• 1 ripe pineapple
• 3 cups day old cooked jasmine rice
• 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, small cubes
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup tomato, sliced into thin wedges
• 2 chili peppers, chopped
• 1/4 cup cashews
• 1 lime
• Black pepper
• Thai soy sauce
• Fish sauce
• Sliced cucumber for garnish
• Oil for pan
1. Cut pineapple in half. Use a small knife to create a well in one half. Remove the flesh of the fruit and cut into small chunks. Set emptied pineapple aside.
2. In a pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic, chilies, and scallions. Sauté until fragrant.
3. Add chicken and continue stirring until thoroughly cooked and browned. Then stir in whisked eggs.
4. Add tomatoes, cashews, and rice. Break apart the rice, and the add soy sauce, fish sauce, lime, sugar, and black pepper. Stir in pineapple chunks and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve in the hallowed out pineapple with cucumber and lime.