Ice cream and a drink all in one!
• For the piña colada ice cream:
• 400ml can coconut cream
• 400ml can coconut milk
• 300g can drained crushed pineapple
• 300g caster sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp of rum
• For the pineapple cups:
• 1/2 a pineapple
• For garnish:
• 50g desiccated coconut, toasted
• 12 glace cherries
1. Preheat oven to 90C
2. Make the ice cream: Place all your ice cream ingredients into a blender and whizz until fairly smooth (some small chunks of pineapple are quite nice). Pour this into your ice cream machine and churn until set.
3. Make your pineapple cups: Take your pineapple, cutting off the outside skin, and carefully cut very thin slices. Take a muffin tray and spray the back of the tray with cooking spray, so the muffin holes are sticking upwards. Place a pineapple slice onto the top of each back of each hole and bake in the oven for 1 hour until dried out and crisp. Take them out of the oven and turn the muffin tray over, placing each pineapple cup back inside the muffin hole and bake again for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (preferably overnight).
4. Assemble and serve: Take your cooled pineapple cups and serve a big scoop of your Pina Colada ice cream in each. Top with a sprinkle of the toasted coconut and a single glace cherry. Serve and enjoy!