Are these not the most beautiful mussels you've ever seen?
• For the mussels: 1 dozen mussels, cleaned and 1 cup beer.
• For the salsa: 1/2 cup cooked corn
• 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
• 1/2 cup tomato, small dice
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon chili peppers, minced
• 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
• 4 tablespoons lime juice
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place mussels and beer in a pot, and cook on medium heat. Once all the shells have opened, turn off the heat and set mussels aside to cool.
2. Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl.
3. Remove one half of the mussel shells, place on a platter, and spoon the salsa over the remaining mussels on the half shell.