A staple up and down South America, this Peruvian Ceviche spices things up with some unique ingredients.
• 1 jalapeno
• 1 clove garlic
• 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (Juice of 5 limes)
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Aji sauce
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 small red onion
• 1 pound fresh sea bass, skin removed
• 1 small sweet potato
• 1 ear corn, husked
• 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1. Finely dice the jalapeno, removing ribs and seeds.
2. Finely chop garlic.
3. Combine the lime juice, jalapeno, aji sauce, garlic, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together, set aside until ready to use.
4. Thinly slice the onions into half moons.
5. Add the red onion to a bowl; cube the fish into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
6. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, until the fish turns opaque and firm.
7. Peel and slice sweet potato into 1/4 inch rounds.
8. Cut corn into 2 inch round sections.
9. Add sweet potatoes and corn to steamer basket set over 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan. Steam for 8 minutes, until just tender.
10. Remove and cool.
11. Transfer the steamed vegetables and fish mixture to plate, top with fresh cilantro.