All the best bits from a fruit crumble and a muffin!
• 2-3 pears
• 1 egg
• 120 milliliters milk
• 3 tablespoons veg oil
• 180 grams plain flour
• 100 grams soft brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 100 grams blanched hazelnuts
• For The Crumble
• 50 grams plain flour
• 75 grams butter
• 50 grams oats
• 100 grams caster sugar
• Dollop of yoghurt and honey
1. Peel the pears, cut into quarters, remove the core however you wish, and cut each quarter in half again.
2. Mix together the sugar with the oil then beat through the egg, until the colour begins to lighten.
3. Pour in the milk and vanilla and fold through the flour with the baking powder.
4. Roughly chop your hazelnuts and add in your crumble ingredients to a bowl with your chopped nuts.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. Grease the muffin tin, or line with cases if you would prefer, and fill 3/4 of the muffin holes with the mix.
7. Place your pear slices on top of the muffin mix.
8. Top with the crumble mix and any extra hazelnuts and bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Once cooled slightly, plate with a dollop of yoghurt and honey.