This is the meatball recipe your nonna didn't want you to see
• Half packet of linguine
• 250 grams minced pork
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
• A few basil leaves
• Splash of white wine
1. Season minced pork with salt and pepper, one garlic and half onion. Using your hands, mix well and roll into bite-sized balls. Set aside.
2. In a medium hot frying pan, add oil, onion and garlic and fry off the meat balls until brown. Then add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. After a couple of minutes, add a splash of white wine and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
4. When both are ready, add the pasta with some of the pasta water to the meatballs pan and combine well.
5. Serve with fresh basil leaves and parmesan.