Is this pasta really pasta when it's made entierly of cheese?!
• 115g shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 jar store bought pasta sauce
• 50g parmesan cheese
1. Put the mozzarella to a glass bowl and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until melted. Alternatively you can place the glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt this way. Cool the cheese for about 30 seconds, then stir the egg yolk into the melted cheese.
2. Turn the mixture out onto greased baking paper and place another piece of greased baking paper on top of the mixture. Spread the mix out with a rolling pin or press it down with your hand until thin.
3. Once cool, remove the top piece of baking paper and cut into thin strips. Place the “pasta” on a cooling rack and refrigerate for anything from four hours to overnight - it will harden and become more rigid, which is when you know you’re good to go!
4. To cook, take the ‘pasta’ out of the fridge and place in boiling water for one minute, then drain and run room temperature water over the pasta to prevent it from sticking.
5. Serve with your favorite sauce and a grating of parmesan cheese.