A light vanilla-infused pannacotta sits on top of a rich caramel (from a tin for simplicity!), served with toffee popcorn crumb.
Recipe by Jack Lucas
• 1 tin/can of Coronation Caramel
• 400 milliliters double cream
• 200 milliliters whole milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 vanilla pod
• 2 gelatine leaves
• Pinch of salt
• Toffee popcorn to garnish
1. Mix the caramel in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Take some glasses and fill up with approximately 1/4 of the way up with caramel and set aside in the fridge to cool
2. Place the gelatine leaves into a bowl of cold water to 'bloom'
3. Place the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla seeds (scraped from the pod) into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Bring off the heat and quickly whisk in the bloomed gelatine leaves
4. Allow the cream mixture to cool, before pouring on top of the caramel. Set these in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool
5. Place the popcorn into a clear plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin into pieces
6. When the panna cottas are wobbly and just set, remove from the fridge and sprinkle over the toffee popcorn mix and serve!