This paneer naanwich is your new favourite lunch
• 100 grams paneer, cut into 1/2 centimeters 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• Cubes 2 tablespoons ghee/butter
• 1 1/4 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 black cardamom 1 green cardamom
• 2 cloves 2 peppercorns
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 2 tablespoons tomato passata 2 birds eye green chillies
• 2 tablespoons cashew paste 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
• 1/2 teaspoon garam masala 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric Handful baby spinach,
• Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
• Finely chopped
• For the Kachumer salad:
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced 1 medium tomato,
• 1 lime, juiced finely diced
• Pinch salt Pinch sugar
• You will also need:
• 2 naan breads Extra ghee/butter
• 2 popadoms, broken into 3-4 pieces
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Once hot, add the cumin
2. Seeds. When they begin to splatter, add the paneer and
3. Salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden all over. Remove
4. From pan and keep aside.
5. To make the masala sauce, using the same pan, heat
6. The ghee and oil. Whilst heating, use a pestle and
7. Mortar, crush open the cardamom pod, cloves and
8. Peppercorns and add to the hot oil.
9. They should splatter in the oil slightly at which point
10. Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
11. Next, add the passata and chilies and cook for a further
12. 2 minutes. Then, add the cashew paste and yoghurt along
13. With the remaining spices and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/4
14. Cup water and then add the paneer and spinach and
15. Cook for 2-4 minutes until completely wilted.
16. Stir in the fresh coriander. Check for salt and adjust
17. Accordingly. Remove from heat.
18. To make the kachumber combine all 'for the kachum-
19. Ber' ingredients in a bowl. Keep aside.
20. Now to make the naanwich. Heat ghee on a non-stick
21. Frying pan. Place the naan breads on the pan and heat
22. For 1 min. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove
23. From heat.
24. Spread the paneer masala on one side of the naan
25. Bread. Next, add the kachumber, followed by the popadoms.
26. Fold over the naan and your naanwich is
27. Complete. Repeat with the second naan. Enjoy!