Wow, that taco looks good!
First of all, it's a pancake.
• 130g plain flour
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 240g buttermilk
• 2 tbsp melted butter
• 1 egg
• Oil, for greasing
• 8 slices cheddar cheese
• 8 strips streaky bacon
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 6 eggs, whisked
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• Chipotle tabasco, to serve
• Handful coriander, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C. Line one baking sheet with aluminium foil and one with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt to combine. Add the buttermilk, melted butter and egg, and mix well.
3. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, coat it with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Working in batches, scoop a ladleful of the batter onto the hot pan. Cook until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. (If the pancake looks too fluffy when you flip it, press it down a little with your spatula to flatten it.)
5. Transfer the finished pancakes to the parchment-lined baking sheet and top each with a slice of cheese.
6. For the filling, arrange the bacon strips on the foil-lined baking sheet and bake until crisp, 15 to 17 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of cooking time, transfer the baking sheet of pancakes to the oven to warm them and melt the cheese.
7. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve, break each piece of bacon in half and place the two halves on top of a pancake. Repeat with all the bacon and pancakes, and then divide the scrambled eggs among the pancakes. Garnish with scallions and hot sauce, if using. Serve immediately.