Don't have an oven but still craving cake? Here's 4 easy ways to bake a cake without one!
• 1 x box devils food cake mix
• 3 eggs
• 230ml water
• 120ml vegetable oil
1. (STEAMED VERSION) - Grease and line a 20cm spring form cake tin and fill with the cake mix.
2. Place a bamboo steamer over a pan of boiling water and place the cake tin into the steamer. Cover with the lid and steam for 20 - 25 minutes until the cake is risen and cooked through.
3. (FRYING PAN) - Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm cast iron frying pan then pour in the cake mix.
4. Cover the top of the cake with another sheet of greased parchment that is approx 2” bigger than pan and cover with a lid.
5. Cook on a very low heat for 20 mins, then flip onto a plate - like a spanish omelette, place back in the pan and cover with the lid again to cook for a further 5 mins.
6. (SLOW COOKER) - Lightly grease the bowl of your slow cooker and line with a circle of greaseproof paper.
7. Pour the cake mixture in to about ⅙ of the way up.
8. Cover with a sheet of parchment and lid.
9. Cook on low heat for 4 - 5 hours until the cake is cooked through - the top may still be a little tacky but check if the cake is done by inserting a skewer into the cake - if the cake is done, it will be clean when removed.
10. (MICROWAVE) - Grease a mug with butter and pour cake mixture into the mug to just under half way.
11. Cook on high for 2.5-3 mins until the cake has risen.
12. Serve with whipped cream and sprinkles.