These easy-to-make eyeball truffles are the perfect Halloween snack!
• 220 grams Oreos
• 100-120 grams Full fat cream cheese
• 200-250 grams White chocolate, melted
• To decorate:
• Red, white and black Royal icing
• Red icing pen
• Plastic fork/skewer
1. In a food processor beat oreos until you have fine biscuit crumbs.
2. Add in the cream cheese and beat until the mixture is smooth.
3. Spoon a small amount of the mixture into the palm of your hand and roll into a neat ball. If mixture is too soft/warm place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to firm up.
4. Place oreo balls onto tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge until firm.
5. Once set coat in melted chocolate, drain off the excess and place back onto the baking paper.
6. For the eye, roll the red and black icing to 2 mm thick. For the outer circle of the eye use the end of an icing nozzle around 2 centimeters wide to cut out a circle from the red icing. Using a smaller piping nozzle cut out a circle of black icing to form the pupil.
7. Using excess chocolate as glue for the icing, place a red circle onto the middle of the truffle followed by the smaller black circle.
8. To decorate add a tiny dot of white icing to the corner of the pupil to create a reflection and pipe veins onto the truffle using a red icing pen.
9. Place a fork or skewer into the truffle to serve.
10. Enjoy :D